Monday, December 7, 2015

HAPPY HAPPY AND MERRY MERRY!

Mommy and Oly

Mommy liked a cold beer every now and then.  Her favorite was Olympia.  I never could stand the taste of it, but  I would often, even into adulthood, ask her for that first cold sip just because the look on her face made it look so good.  She would always give me what was probably the best part of the drink, that initial satisfying swallow that would not be duplicated until the next tab was popped.  That small yet meaningful sacrifice was just one example of who she was.  That unforgettable sip was how she gave to me and to others, even if it meant giving the best away.

The day after Mommy died in 1981, Daddy removed the empty beer cans from the recycling bin and gave them to me.

They have been ornaments of loving memory on our Christmas tree ever since.
 



FROM OUR HOME TO YOUR HOME
HAPPY HAPPY AND MERRY MERRY!  

 BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It is rare that families hold on to such endearing traditions; We are blessed to have Ganmommy and Mommily!

    ReplyDelete